We are very pleased with the number and quality of applications for our next Young Professionals Seminar on the topic “The EU and the Western Balkans region – the state of play” on 12th and 13th March in Zagreb in cooperation with The Europaeum!
In this seminar we will discuss the following topics:
– What are the goals of Croatia during its EU Presidency?
– What about corruption, democracy and media freedom in the Balkans?
– What influence does China’s Belt & Road Initiative have in the Balkans? What does this mean?
– What is the impact of Russia’s role in the region on stability?
– What are the reasons for the divergence between Western and Eastern Europe?
– Are solutions conceivable to overcome the division and promote the integration of the entire Balkan region into the EU?
We will now read the applications carefully and inform the applicants on 7th February.