General Assembly and Panel Discussion at Berlin Würth Haus
202205dec17:0021:30General Assembly and Panel Discussion at Berlin Würth Haus17:00 - 21:30
Günther H. Oettinger, President of United Europe and Dr Jürgen Großmann, Treasurer of United Europe, have the great pleasure of inviting the members of United Europe to the General Assembly
Günther H. Oettinger, President of United Europe and Dr Jürgen Großmann, Treasurer of United Europe, have the great pleasure of inviting the members of United Europe to the General Assembly of United Europe on December 5th, 2022 from 17h00 to 18h00 at the Würth Haus Berlin.
Our agenda comprises the following points:
- Welcome by the President of United Europe
- Appointment of the minute’s taker by the President of United Europe
- Determination of the orderly convocation of the meeting and the presence of a quorum of the General Assembly
- Presentation of the annual report
- Presentation of the 2021 annual accounts
- Approval of the 2021 accounts and discharge of United Europe’s Managing Director
- Discharge of United Europe’s Board
The subsequent public panel discussion (18h30 to 20h00) “A new geopolitical order: How reliable is the transatlantic partnership and will Germany take the lead to restore ‘European Power’?” examines the transatlantic alliance in times of geopolitical power shifts. Even though the USA is back as a central power for security in Europe due to the Ukraine war, the main focus of the USA is on its engagement in the Indo-Pacific region. Whereas once economic ties created common values, the system of international cooperation is now at stake
- The U.S. has shown itself to be a resolute leader of the West and a ‘European power’. How sustainable is the closing of ranks?
- The intention to make the EU a geopolitical power must take shape: through a powerful foreign policy and through defence mechanisms against foreign economic coercion. Could Germany take the lead?
Günther H. Oettinger will held a welcome note. We are delighted to announce Kurt Volker (Former US Ambassador, Distinguished Fellow, CEPA), Ljudmyla Melnyk (Researcher at Institut für Europäische Politik), Dr Josef Braml (Secretary-General, Trilateral Commission / German Group) and Iryna Stavchuk (Program Coordinator at the ECF and former Deputy Minister at the Ministry of environmental protection of Ukraine) as our panellists.
Cathryn Clüver Ashbrook, Exec Vice President/Senior Advisor, Bertelsmann Stiftung, will host our panel discussion.
After the panel discussion, we will serve a flying buffet from 20h00 to 21h30.
Please register by sending an email to and let us know if you want to participate in both events.
(Monday) 17:00 - 21:30