Cooperation with Würth Group: The Strategic Compass
Due to the current security situation, it is obvious that the EU must become a stronger and more capable actor regarding security and defence. On the one hand, it must
Due to the current security situation, it is obvious that the EU must become a stronger and more capable actor regarding security and defence. On the one hand, it must protect the security of its citizens; on the other hand, it must be able to act in times of crisis. The Strategic Compass presents an ambitious action plan for strengthening the EU’s security and defence policy by 2030.
Russia’s war of aggression on Ukraine, refugee movements from Africa and climate change make it necessary to pool the EU’s power resources and build a consensus on how to use them.
United Europe and the Würth Group, in cooperation with the State Representation of Baden-Württemberg in Brussels, would like to discuss these issues with high-ranking personalities. The discussion will take place in the form of a panel discussion with audience participation.
Participants so far:
- Welcome: Günther H. Oettinger, President of United Europe e.V.
- Introduction: Daniela Schily, Head of representative office, Würth Group
- Jean-Pierre van Aubel, EEAS Expert in Defence Policy and Strategy
- Ben Hodges, Lieutenant General (ret.) and former commander of all US forces in Europe
- Heli Tiirmaa-Klaar, Ambassador-at-Large for Cyber Diplomacy and Head of the Cyber Diplomacy Department at the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Prof. Dr Markus Kaim, Senior Fellow / International Security, SWP
- Moderator: Rieke Schües, Managing Director, United Europe
Further discussions and networking are possible at our reception from 18:00 hrs ongoing.
The link to the event will be sent to our members in a separate email.
(Wednesday) 16:00 - 17:45